Here is Drift packed in between the folkboat fleet.  I attached the bowsprit this weekend and it doesn’t clear the roof so you realise that it really is quite long!


I need to find some bottle screws for the stays as the supplied lashings allow too much movement. As the hull is coloured I also gave it an overall coat of UV polish to try and stop sun fade on the topsides.

I also tried the anchor fitting.IMG_0975

There is a simple locking pin at the bow.






with the end of the anchor simply bolted through to a Nylock nut.

IMG_0977I am not sure that is the best way of securing it as the nut could easily go overboard if there were any waves bouncing you around. It will also rattle around a lot, but like others I have used some pretty rigid hose as a spacer to hold the anchor securely.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s